Don’t you just love your standard builder-grade bare bones bathroom.?!?..me neither! In fact, my starter home not only had builder-grade everything in the house, but ever worse a lack there of in the bathrooms…. a.k.a no linen closet, no toothpaste cabinet/ wall storage and my master bathroom even had carpeting>>>>> sCaRy, I know!!!!
So, here are a few tips and tricks to take your builder-grade bathroom to the next level.
1. Add some Unique wall storage/cabinets
I found this gem above at Hobby Lobby (of course used my 40% off coupon). Bonus: my friends who stop by are welcome to take a sprintz of perfume from my collection =)
by DIY Playbook
2. DIY Framed Mirror by Saved By Suzy
3. Make a feature wall
4. Change out the cheap builder-grade hooks & fixtures
Remove those silver towel holders and racks and replace with some old door knobs or shabby chic diy-er!
5) Buy Vanity Fixture Shade Boxes to cover your Hollywood Makeup Counter Light bulbs
I have seen these vanity Box Shades at Lowes, but when I went by my home depot they did not carry them =(
6. Toiletries for your guest! Collect or buy individual toiletries for your guest and incorporate them into your decor! (don’t forget to leave out a visible extra roll of toilet paper..we all know drip dry is not fun ladies!)
7) Add a chandelier (electric or a candle one) If you make it a candle one (much much easier, don’t forget you can buy battery operated LED flickering candles with timers–just got mine from Ross for around $10). You can see from my House Tour, I sort of loove my chandeliers. I have added some to my bathroom, guest room and deck (all candle of course because they are soo easy =)
8) Jazz up the window with a wrought iron piece, diy shutters or even some simple curtains
I got this piece 50% off at Kirkland’s. I got sick of it hanging in my entry hallway and it just so happened to be a perfect fit in my bathroom window! Prior to my entryway, it served as a head board in college>> great purchase =)
9) Get creative when you don’t have a linen closet
by 11 Magnolia Lane (hello re-purposed wine rack!)
^^ currently my situation
utilize every SQUARE inch of your bathroom!
10. Paint your bathroom cabinets!
I hope you find these tips helpful & easy. I have already utilized quite a bit of them myself and hope to make all of them happen in the near future! Do you have any additional tips on how to upgrade the standard builder-grade bathroom?
Happy Home Improving!!
Kelley B =)