TEXAS HOUSE TOUR & DIY HOME IDEAS!
Need to get those creative juices flowing in order to spruce up your casa?? Check out some of these before and afters with links on how to =)
1) Turn your rarely used holiday-formal-dining room into a game room! Instead of an art gallery wall, make a Game Gallery Wall like I did here! Simply throw up some shelving (mine comes from hobby lobby [don’t forget to use your online 40% off coupon) display your favorite games (my mom and I went to goodwill to find classic games at an affordable price) and add some foam-board baking to make them stand up sturdy if the games boards fold! The ping pong table was purchased from Wal-mart and can easily be converted into a large dining room table with the net removed and a nice table cloth 😉
2) Give your builder-grade kitchen an upgrade!!!
Below is the original boring kitchen with the classic first-home formica counter tops, outdated brass light fixtures and standard oak colored cabinets without knobs.
3) Another inexpensive trick, paint your standard white interior doors black for a custom look.
3) Take your old plain master bathroom from drab to fab =) See what I was working with below… Plain design, white everything, formica counter tops and worst of all…CARPETING IN THE BATHROOM>>> I mean, who purposefully chooses that?!?
Click the link to see how I created a FEATURE WALL with DAMASK STENCIL
check out my FAVORITE FLOORING PRODUCT FOR BATHROOMS
4) Another prime example of a standard builder-grade bathroom =(
My guest bath got a latte paint job, granite installed and a fun d.i.y birch tree decal.
Want some more ideas, click the link for
5) For the longest time, my guest bedroom was not looking soo inviting….
6) Transform your outdoor space! My original setup had great potential, but lacked the perfect spot to enjoy it.
Since I love the outdoors and purchased the home overlooking a greenbelt, I used the Lowe’s Online Deck Designer Tool to help my vision become a reality!! I wish I could claim that I build this deck, but that’s a big negativo. I did however stain it myself and you can check out the paint I used to prevent your deck from rotting =)
View from the porch =)
I hope you enjoyed the tour and learned some simple and easy ways to customize your casa!