Hey Blog World!
Today I wanted to share with you a list of my top 10 favorite beauty/body products that I use on a regular basis =) In no particular order… LET’S DO THIS!
- My favorite pinky/nude nail color that is perfect for keeping it profesh at work or any occasion… Bubble Bath by OPI
2. The best foundation I have used to date, It Cosmetics Bye Bye Foundation
Why you may ask? Since moving to Colorado Springs, my skin is not only dry, but much more closer to the sun at 6,000 feet of altitude. This foundation has SPF 50+ (suhweeet), super moisturizing, looks good the entire work day (ain’t nobody got time to reapply am I right), and only takes one pump (at least that is what I prefer because a little goes a long way). The website notes 1 PUMP = moderate coverage, 2 pumps = full coverage & 3 pumps = ultimate coverage… (I also use their Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer & bronzer when I’m feeling fancy, but not everyday =)
3. I loved this lotion before moving to Colorado, but even more so now that my skin is exposed to a much dryer climate!! The best lotion, Gold BOND Ultimate Healing (yep, you read that right, GOLD BOND BABY) =)
4. Now I have said this before and I will say it again, the best (and one of the cheapest mascaras I have ever used) is l’oreal telescopic (I have a whole other blog post dedicated to the proper way to apply for best results 😉 Shout out to my freshman roommate in college, Caiter, for always volunteering to beautify me before heading out and being the first to give this a go!!
5. My favorite hair straightener, The Corioliss! This hot item is super quick for a straight do and it also makes a quick & pretty curl because of it’s rounded-edge barrel. Shelly, my roommate from back in the college days, introduced me to the wonders of how a hair straightener can produce some major long lasting curls ( THANKS GIRL!!)… I’m talking all day>> the pic of me below is a recent example of my curls still in action by 5:30pm!! Oh, did I mention I still have the same one from my sophomore days of college =)
6. My favorite face wash, Clean & Clear Deep Action Exfoliating Scrub! I have used all sorts of fancy stuff from pro active, to mary kay, ect., but at the end of the day I always come back to what is simple and does the trick for me.
Want to know a little secret?!? If you need something stronger like proactive but can’t afford it, try this little combo >>> A face wash that contains salicylic acid (keralytic effect) + a product that contains 2% benzol peroxide. Mix together in equal portions and Voila, you have an inexpensive, comparable face wash to that of Proactive
7. Now this item I feel like never gets enough attention, but I personally love a good smile (which pretty much means good teeth) and ya gotta keep your pearly whites in check with a solid tooth brush! I have been cavity free my ENTIRE LIFE and I have been using a Phillips Sonicare tooth brush since my teens, I’m thinking highschool.
8. I hate to admit this one, but I do think it does make a difference on what type of hair conditioner you use (potentially shampoo too, but I have only started paying premium for my conditioner). I recently pinvestigated this situation in May 2015 when I still had really long hair that was constantly getting knotted at the ends. I finally had a “come to jesus moment” with my hair stylist at the time & she told me to quit being cheap and buy the good stuff…Well, she was right. I immediately noticed a difference with the first wash, but my nappy ends got better and better with each use. The fix, Keratin Complex Conditioner.. (annoying, I know…and now that I can’t just throw my hair up in a bun anymore since I chopped it off, I just have to suck it up)
9. As a nurse, good hand hygiene is a must, but it really should be a priority for everybody. I wash my hands multiple times a day and would like to attribute the fact that I have NEVER had to take a sick day in my entire professional career due to my good hand hygiene skillios. With that being said, my favorite hand soap is Mrs. Meyer’s in Basil scent. I dig this soap because it contains aloe vera gel, olive oil and some smelly good essential oils that get the job done, moisturize and is quite refreshing!
10. Last but not least (however most recently discovered), Burt’s Bees Lip Shimmer in with spf 15 (I’m currently loving this in Fig). I like how this lip balm has SPF 15 ( are you starting to notice how I am really into preventing sun damage skin =), is moisturizing, and adds a fun but subtle color to the lip
Now it”s your turn!! Please share/ leave a comment of what beauty/product you could not live without in 2015!! I’m always about trying out new things!!!
Kelley B =)