I recently discovered this yummy green smoothie recipe on pininterest from The Green Forks blog and found it to be a Pinvestigation success! The recipe makes quite a bit so I usually make half of a serving, or I split up the full serving between my BF and I like I did today for B-fast. The smoothie is super yummy, but does have a bit of a cucumber-fresh like quality which is perfect for me because I love cucumbers! If for some reasons you are not into cucumbers, there is only half a cup in the full serving so you could just omit this from the smoothie. Also, I added a fresh, not frozen, banana today which cut down the cucumber taste and added a hint of sweet =)
Ingredients: (I suggest cutting in half if you are trying for the first time or just drinking as a snack as I usually do while I’m at work)
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup strawberries (preferably frozen)
- 1 banana, optional (sweeter if fresh, but frozen helps chill the smoothie)
- 1 apple, cored (and chopped)
- 2 tightly packed cups spinach
- juice of ½ lemon ( i just put in a few squirts of the lemon juice from a bottle for convenience)
- ice to preference ( if not using frozen fruit and you want your smoothie chilled) – today I just used frozen strawberries and my smoothie turned our great.
Combine all ingredients in blender. I usually put ingredients in the following order since my blender is slightly ghetto fab. Water, frozen fruit, fresh banana, apple, cucumber then blend well for about 30 seconds. Last, I add the spinach and stir it with a spoon down towards the bottom and blend again until the smoothie turns completely green. If you want ice to make your smoothie chillier and your blender is ghetto too, add after you have turned your smoothie green!
I hope you enjoy!