Today’s Southwestern Tilapia recipe comes from the blog, Big Girl. Small World, all the way from Korea. 감사합니다 (Thanks)! This dish is healthy, quick , easy and really spices up your life!
Cook Time: 7-9 minutes, Servings: 2
- 1/2 (teaspoon) garlic powder
- 1/2 (teaspoon) chili powder
- 1/8 (teaspoon) cayenne pepper
- 2 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets
- 1 (tablespoon) extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 lime, cut into wedges
- 1-Zucchini (I used two cause I like my veggies =)
- 1-Green/Yellow/Red Peppers (I used two here as well!
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 onion (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Season fish with garlic powder, chili powder, cayenne ,salt and pepper on both sides (you can mix them all together in a bowl first, but I’m all about reducing dishes to clean!
- Coat a baking sheet with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Arrange tilapia in a single layer on the baking sheet. Drizzle tilapia with the remaining tablespoon of oil and bake until golden brown and flesh begins to flake, 7 to 9 minutes. Serve with lime wedges on the side. ( I didn’t have lime wedges at the time, so i just put a dash of lime juice over the fillets and garnished with avocado–super yummy)
- Saute peppers and zucchini (an onions if you love them like i do) in olive oil and garlic pepper.
- Voila, a delicious, healthy meal.
I served the dish with left over rice (frozen white rice with corn and jalapenos from H.E.B) that had a jalapeno twist and it was perty darn yummy (imagine a southwestern cowboy accent here… corny?, i know =)
I hope you enjoy as much as I did!
Kelley S. =)