Taco cupcakes are delish and I discovered the recipe through a friend who found it on pininterest via the The Girl Who Ate Everything! They are great for dinner, an appetizers, a potluck dish (as they are easy to transport or even leftovers!
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef–i went healthy and chose turkey!
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package of Old El Paso taco seasoning mix
- 36 wonton wrappers
- 1 (16 ounce) can Old El Paso refried beans OR black beans– i chose black beans!
- 36 tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- optional toppings: sour cream, diced tomatoes, cilantro, onion & GUAC–must try!
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray 18 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Brown beef in a skillet and drain the fat. Add the taco seasoning mix and water called for on the package and simmer for 4-5 minutes. Set aside.
- Place one wonton wrapper in the bottom of each muffin cup. Layer about 1 Tbsp of refried beans on top of each wonton. Crush one tortilla chip on top of the beans. Top with 1 Tbsp of taco meat and 1 Tbsp of shredded cheese. Repeat the layers again with a wonton wrapper, refried beans, tortilla chips, taco meat, and cheese.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove cupcakes from tin and top with your favorite taco toppings (i.e. sour cream, diced tomatoes, onion, or cilantro)
- 6. CONSUME & ENJOY =)
Let me know what you think!
Have you ever tried any other sort of dinner cupcake? If so please share =)