My mom discovered this SUPER EASY and quite DELICIOUS recipe with me and now I am going to share with YOU!
- 2 (15 oz.) cans white beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth $
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 whole bone-in chicken breasts (3 lb.) —-I just used the already cooked Rotisserie Chicken from HEB —CUT THE CHICKEN OFF THE BONE!
- teaspoon salt and black pepper
- 2 onions, chopped $
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 (4 oz.) cans roasted green chilies, drained
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
I just chunked all the ingredients (minus the vegetable oil) in at once and left the slow cooker on for 6-8 hours! Remember though, I used the Rotisserie chicken from HEB that had ALREADY BEEN COOKED =)
- Place beans and broth in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on high until beans are tender, 2 hours.
- Warm oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Place chicken skin side down in skillet; cook until brown, about 4 minutes. Turn and cook for 2 minutes more. Transfer to a plate; remove and discard skin. Drain all but 2 Tbsp. fat from skillet. Add onions and garlic; cook until softened, 5 minutes. Add onion mixture, chilies, 1 cup water and cumin to slow cooker. Stir; add chicken.
- Cook on low for 6 hours, stirring twice. Remove 1 cup beans plus 1/2 cup liquid from slow cooker. Puree in a blender; return to slow cooker. Remove chicken, shred it and return to slow cooker. Spoon into individual bowls and serve.
This recipe come from myrecipes and originally pinvestigated by my momma =)