I lOOOVE home made Valentine’s Day Cards! Even better, they are much more thoughtful and usually less expensive! Here are some cute ideas from Real Simple magazine
~You light up my life~
~We just fit~
~We’re a perfect match~
~King (or queen) of my heart~
Some other great sayings for simple, but sweet cards can be found at the C.R.A.F.T blog:
GO CHECK IT OUT =)
Also–for all the history buffs out there…
Here are some fun facts about V-Day from Real Simple Magazine
- Today’s tradition of trading love notes on February 14 became popular in England in the 17th century.
- The first box of chocolates was introduced by Richard Cadbury in 1868.
- The oldest known valentine card dates back to the 1400s. Charles, duke of Orleans, sent it to his wife while he was imprisoned in the Tower of London.
- So-called vinegar valentines, which carried insults like “Ugly, Fat, and Forty,” were popular in the 19th century. They were sent anonymously on the 14th.
- “Be Mine,” one of the original messages on Necco’s Sweethearts candies when they debuted, still appears every year. Recent additions? “IM Me” and “Go Girl.”